I popped onto Amazon yesterday to check on my Author Page and was surprised to see this on my page! Yup – Denim & Diamonds is available on Amazon!
I don’t want to be one of those buy-my-book authors. That kinda drives me crazy. Still – I need the support of readers if I’m ever going to claw my way up the best seller charts (it could happen, right?). But what does that mean? How do readers support writers?
I’ve been feeling very Zen over the last year, and truly feel that what goes around, comes around. In that spirit, I thought I’d share what I do to help support and encourage the writers I like:
- Like and share their Facebook posts (those with book-related links, not their pics of the tropical drink they’re enjoying while lounging on the beach)
- Like their Amazon author page
- Like their Goodreads author page
- Mark their books to-read on Goodreads
- As I’m reading their books, I TELL people what I’m reading – in person, on Facebook, on Twitter
- After I read their books, I leave reviews on Amazon and Goodreads
I know a lot of my friends are readers. What else can we do to support and encourage writers?