We’ve been to Lincoln’s Tomb twice now. Each time has been a moving experience. The sense of powerful greatness and respect is overwhelming. It is truly an awe-inspiring experience. If you happen to be going through Springfield, Illinois, plan to stop by Lincoln’s Tomb. It’s easy to find, and won’t take you very long.
If you go, here are some tips:
- Stop on the way in and see the burial site of Roy Bertelli, also know as Mr. Accordion. Check out more info at Roadside America.
- Silence your cell phone before you go in. It’s about respect.
- Rub Lincoln’s nose for luck.
- Look for the hidden horse inside the building where the tomb is. Hint: it is much like looking for animals in clouds.
- Depending on the direction you’re going, consider checking out other Route 66 spots.